OVERALL RESPONSIBILITIES: This position serves as the primary business operations analyst for the News Department. Duties include responsibility for payroll input processing, development of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts, accounts payable processing, and a variety of activities involved in assisting the News Director and Controller in managing the News department finances.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
- Generate regular reports analyzing overtime, freelance utilization and T&E variance for budget management
- Budget build with variance explanations
- Update News Staff & Talent Salary Schedules
- News Freelance Headcount roll
- Review/update News headcount presentation support
- Input into ABC Forecast Tool
Forecast (Labor/Staff) -- Quarterly
- Forecast build/roll with variance explanation
- Update News staff and talent salary schedules for actual and adjustments as needed
- News FL Headcount roll
- Summary of changes
- Review time sheets every Friday & Monday
- Resolve time sheets issues (OT, union staff penalties, etc)
- Calculate AFTRA Freelance Vacation (May)
- Work with Payroll to track PA Vacation earned and taken
- Communication with staff regarding Union contract pay increases (when needed)
- Union contract administration (payroll related)
- New hire process for freelancers/daily hires: communication, new hire paperwork & orientation
- Supervise 2 staff
- Invoice & P-Card review/tracking and research when needed
- T&E review and management (research when needed)
- Vendor contract administration
REQUIREMENTS: Degree in Accounting or Business is required, with at least 3-5 years of experience in a medium to large company. Media and news department experience is preferred. Key competencies:
- Work well under pressure with tight deadlines and shifting priorities.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and verbal skills with strong organizational skills.
- Strong PC skills with spreadsheets and word processing in a Windows environment.
- Experience in an SAP environment is a significant plus.
- Analytical skills: Ability to work with union contracts in order to ensure payroll processing is correct and to assist in making efficient operational decisions for department with over 100 employees.
TO APPLY: Please upload your resume and cover letter by logging on to: www.disneycareers.com and search for Requisition ID: 317105 or position title: News Business Administrator. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. KGO-TV, an owned station of ABC, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
KGO-TV, an owned station of ABC, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer