Monday, Finney answered questions about rating Medicare plans, secured credit cards, and ticket amnesty.
Links and info mentioned in this segment:
Discounts Available for Old Unpaid Traffic Tickets
The Superior Court of Contra Costa County is offering a 50-percent (50%) discount on some old unpaid traffic tickets. It is a limited-time "Amnesty Program" for certain outstanding court debt. The discount would apply to the total amount due, including the base fine and any assessments, late charges, and other fees.
The program will run from January 1, 2012, through June 30, 2012.
Only traffic tickets that were due and payable before January 1, 2009 are eligible. Parking tickets, driving under the influence (DUI), and reckless driving cases are NOT eligible.
To qualify for the 50-percent (50%) discount, ALL of the following conditions must be met:
- An outstanding traffic case where the amount owed was due and payable in full before January 1, 2009;
- You either did not appear in court or did not pay in full;
- The last payment (if any) was made on or before January 1, 2009;
- No restitution is owed to a victim on any case within the county where the traffic case was filed; and,
- There are no outstanding misdemeanor or felony warrants within the county where the traffic case was filed.
Other eligibility requirements may vary from county to county. After January 1, 2012, refer to http://www.cc-courts.org/traffic or call 1-877-541-8420 for more information.