LA HONDA, Calif. (KGO) -- A fire spread Tuesday west of Skyline Boulevard in San Mateo County and into Santa Cruz County in an area where 200 to 300 people live.
According to CAL FIRE, multiple lightning strikes caused fires across the area with the largest fires burning in the Butano Creek drainage.
The fires have burned a total of 7,500 acres, are 0% contained and are threatening a total of 1,200 structures.
CAL FIRE says two first responders have been hurt but the extent of their injuries is unknown at this time.
Evacuation orders in San Mateo County:
- Butano Community Area
- Community of Loma Mar
- Dearborn Park
- Pescadero Creek County Park
- Butano State Park area including Barranca Knolls community
- Butano Creek drainage area
An evacuation center has been setup at Pescadero High School.
Evacuation orders in Santa Cruz County:
- Waterman Gap Loop
- Upper 236
- Boulder Creek Golf Course
- Heartwood Hill
- Lodge Road
- Community of Little Basin
- Lower China Grade
- Upper China Grade
- Community of Kings Hwy
- Lower Jamison Creek
- Gallion Heights
- Fallen Leaf Neighborhood
- Foxglove Lane
- Last Chance
- Big Basin State Park
- Las Cumbres
Please evacuate SOUTH on HWY 236 (Big Basin Hwy) towards Boulder Creek, then access Hwy 9 SOUTH to Santa Cruz
All of Boulder Creek Fire Protection District has received a mandatory evacuation notice. (BOU1-BOU43)Please do not head North on Hwy 235 or Hwy 9. Travel routes are either SOUTH on Hwy 9, or EAST on Bear Creek Road.
The evacuation warning is affecting 200 to 300 people and 100 structures are threatened.
San Mateo County Parks tweeted Tuesday afternoon that Pescadero Creek, Memorial & Sam McDonald parks are closed due to an active fire.
Officials say firefighters and resources are on scene using fire roads.
Stay with ABC7 News for the latest details on this developing story.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- Camp Fire is deadliest wildfire in California history
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to drive safely during a power outage
- What to do right now to prep for a planned power outage
- Here's how to store electricity before a power outage
- Tips for getting through a long-term power outage
- VIDEO: How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health