SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Steve Scheer is the president of Brondell Inc. He calls the items that the company makes, "healthy home products." They've all become very popular during the pandemic and wildfires.
"A little earlier in the year when we saw the toilet paper wars going on, we saw a real increase in demand for those bidet products," Scheer said. "Our bidet seats and our bidet attachments."
People were desperate to keep things fresh in the bathroom, and now with so many people seeking fresh air, Brondell's purifiers are going fast.
"I do think it's really critical for businesses that do have some success during this time to make those investments back in and hire when they can," Scheer said. "Really we're hiring all across the board."
The San Francisco-based company has openings in sales, customer service, shipping, and graphic design. Other positions will be opening in the coming months.
"I'm a big believer in taking care of our employees," Scheer said.
Brondell is committed to investing in the community as well.
"Recently we've donated some air purifiers to Meals on Wheels," Scheer said. "Last year, with the lead crisis and drinking water we made about a $200,000 product donation to Newark, New Jersey. Then on the bidet side, we donate to triple and quad veterans to bring independence back into the bathroom. So not only is it the right thing to do and it feels good, but I think it's part of our success because people at Brondell really get behind that. We get to retain wonderful talent."
THURSDAY'S FEATURED JOB:
Job: Customer service operations manager
Qualifications: Developing and analyzing KPIs, Recruiting and onboarding Customer Service Representatives, Customer Service Operations
If you are interested in a job with Brondell Inc. please email your resume to email@example.com. Most job postings are also listed on Indeed or LinkedIn.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic