The Diablo Fire is burning near Vasco Road and Camino Diablo Road and is estimated at 128 acres in size.
As of 1:50 p.m., CAL FIRE said the fire was 50% contained and crews had stopped forward progress.
#DiabloFire off Vasco Rd and Camino Diablo in the Byron area is contained. Change in acreage to 128 acres is due to better mapping. Firefighters will remain at scene for the next 2 to 3 hours to ensure 100% control. Please remember to drive safe through the immediate area. pic.twitter.com/gTq2rm5j5W— CAL FIRE SCU (@calfireSCU) July 11, 2021
CAL FIRE originally said the blaze had the potential to grow to 100 acres.
Because of the wind driven nature of the fire, officials said containment was "challenging."
VIDEO: How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows riskiest areas in California for damaging wildfires
- How bad will CA's fire season be? Here's what we know, what we don't
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- How to make a pet carrier in case of emergency
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- The deadliest wildfires in California history
- Live: Track Bay Area air quality levels
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health
- What are the diablo winds and how can they influence Northern California wildfires?
- What you need to know about Santa Ana winds and California wildfires
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to pick a mask for protection during a wildfire
- Red flag warning: What to do during dangerous fire conditions
- Everything to know about red flame retardant dropped during wildfires
- What happens to animals during wildfires?
- How to drive safely during a power outage
- How wildfires create a serious threat for flooding and mudflows
- These aircraft are on the front lines of the fight against California wildfires