RELATED: Hoverboard fire leaves East Bay family homeless
New photos posted to social media by the New York Police Department's 33rd Precinct in Washington Heights show the aftermath of a cellphone overheating and catching fire.
Don't put your cellphone under a pillow when sleeping or when charging your device.Please share this tip and b safe! pic.twitter.com/uwD3PXgVQf— NYPD 33rd Precinct (@NYPD33Pct) February 16, 2016
The phone was apparently under someone's pillow while they were asleep.
It is unclear where and when the incident happened.