In order for it to move forward, they need to get the signatures of 10% of the city's registered voters. That equates to a little more than 50,000 people.
The group has until August 11.
Boudin has faced heavy criticism for his handling of several high-profile crimes, including a deadly hit-and-run on New Year's Eve.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Family outraged over SF DA's description of 84-year-old Asian man's suspected killer
- EXCLUSIVE: Silicon Valley investor takes aim at DA Chesa Boudin after SF home burglarized by parolee
- Efforts to recall SF DA after parolee suspected of double hit-and-run on NYE
- INTERVIEW: SF DA Chesa Boudin responds to criticism over handling of deadly NYE hit-and-run
- SF District Attorney cites systematic failures after parolee suspected of deadly New Year's Eve hit-and-run
- Grieving mother speaks out after daughter killed in San Francisco hit-and-run crash on New Year's Eve
- 2 pedestrians killed in hit-and-run in SF's South of Market neighborhood on New Year's Eve