Indoor dining and movie theaters will be restricted to 25% of capacity again. Gyms must operate at only 10%. Offices can open only for essential workers.
RELATED: Coronavirus in California: Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under Newsom's new 4-tier system
"In the last two weeks, the numbers have increased dramatically," Contra Costa County Health Officer Dr. Chris Farnitano said, "We've also seen hospital cases double in our county so we need to act quickly in response to those things."
County health officials say there's a chance it could move into the purple tier with even more restrictions.
The colder weather, holiday gatherings, travel and college students coming home will all create the potential for a growing number of infections.
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- From salons to dinner parties:Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get aCOVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- COVID-19Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic