It's a promise easier said than done.
RELATED: Santa Clara Co. prepares for 1st delivery of COVID-19 vaccine supply
ABC7 News asked local leaders for their input.
"We have to be flexible enough to be responsive to the real lives of the people we serve and that's the key in my mind to making sure that equity is achieved when we get the vaccinations out and we don't leave anybody behind," said Cindy Chavez, Santa Clara County Supervisor for District 2.
"Consider people who are forced to go out everyday for different circumstances to be some of the first people in line to receive the vaccinations," said Salvadore Bustamante, executive director of LUNA, a community organization serving Latino communities in San Jose.
"We need to make sure we figure out where's the density of folks that we're trying to serve, and we have to be able to set up shop right then and there," said San Jose City Councilor Magdalena Carrasco, who is serving one of the hardest hit zip code in the county.
RELATED: Santa Clara Co. announces new COVID-19 vaccine allotment; here's who's 1st in line
All three leaders say they've learned a lot from setting up COVID-19 testing sites in their communities, and hope that knowledge will be put to use with vaccinations.
From flexible hours, to serving workers in the fields, to door-knocking hard-to-reach families, they hope the Governor will tap local wisdom.
"We really have got to be in the communities to get people engaged," said Chavez.
"I do think it's incredibly important to make sure he's listening to what's happening at the ground level," said Carrasco.
WATCH: 3 hospitals reach ICU capacity in Santa Clara County
If you have a question or comment about the COVID-19 vaccine, submit via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic