The reaction is coming in strong from businesses that may have to close if and when stay-at-home restrictions are put into place.
RELATED: Gov. Newsom announces new, regional stay-at-home order in California
"I'm getting calls! People are calling saying 'you're going to close, you may close,'" says Vicki Tam, who is a hairstylist in Berkeley.
Word is out and spreading quickly that we may soon see a stay-at-home order if ICU hospitalizations rise.
It's a restriction that would close hair salons, barbershops, nail salons, bars, wineries, other personal care service locations, and outdoor and indoor dining.
"My biggest fear is that we close down and it's 'to-go' only and then people realize it's safer that way, and we stay like that for a long time and I mean that's scary, money-wise," says Natasha Lindsey of Zaytoon Mediterranean Restaurant and Bar.
VIDEO: Here's what will close under a stay-at-home order in the Bay Area
Governor Gavin Newsom says that they project ICU numbers to continue rising and believe stay-at-home restrictions will come in less than two weeks in the Bay Area. Some are flat out mad.
"It just seems really stupid! In the old days, you use to get thrown in a room with chicken pox you'd get over it, right? But I guess you can get this again," says Lesa Malanche of Albany.
The governor says the state is and will continue to work at helping businesses.
"We also provided this hundred million dollar Main Street tax credit. I will encourage folks to take advantage of this for one reason one reason alone, it's 100 million dollars in just in the last 48 hours," says Newsom.
That's good news for businesses like The Nail Shop in Albany. We came across where the owner tells us that like so many others, she is two months behind on her rent.
Currently, Bay Area counties have 25.4% of their ICU capacity remaining. If that number drops to 15%, which it is expected to do in less than two weeks than the stay-at-home restrictions would go into place.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic