RELATED: Cases reach more than 106,000 in Bay Area
On Friday, nonprofit mental health provider Momentum For Health awarded Dr. Cody with the 2020 Shining Stars Award of Excellence.
The doctor is the architect of one of the first shelter-in-place orders in the country.
She has been criticized for taking a cautious approach to reopening the economy, and her approach has even gotten her death threats.
But Dr. Cody says she was focused on protecting lives.
"I don't think we really recognized at the time that we were doing anything that was so momentous," Dr. Cody said, "we were really just focused on what was our job, what was our mission, what could we do together."
RELATED: Sheriff investigating threats against Dr. Sara Cody, Santa Clara County's top public health official
The Momentum for Health organization was able to raise more than $44,000 dollars during Friday's benefit fundraiser.
INTERACTIVE: Here's the reopening status of every Bay Area county
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the story in a new window
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- From salons to dinner parties:Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get aCOVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- COVID-19Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic