"It's terrible, it's terrible," says restaurant owner Enzo Rosano of Pleasanton's Locanda Amalfi.
RELATED: Gov. Newsom orders curfew for most California counties
Rosano is referring to the California Governor's decision to enact a curfew from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. Rosano says he will now have to close his three restaurants two hours early, at 9 p.m. on weekends, so employees can clean and then get home on time.
He calls this a shutdown, saying he will have to make another layoff.
"Shutdown is not a solution, people need to work! There is a lot of blue collar people. They need to make money, but Newsom showing again he doesn't care."
COVID-19 RISK CALCULATOR: The safest, most dangerous things to do this holiday season
Due to the rising number of COVID-19 cases and hospitalizations, Governor Newsom enacted the curfew which will start on Saturday for purple tier counties.
Many are defending the decision.
"All over the country there are people getting sick and dying at an alarming rate so as much as I don't like it, it does make sense, I understand why they're doing it," says shopper Alex Sage.
RELATED: Want to get a COVID-19 test in time for the holidays? Here's what you need to know
But others are still pointing to the dinner that Governor Newsom attended earlier this month at an elite Napa restaurant with a large group of mask-less people.
"Look at what Newsom did the other day, he was at a party, he didn't have and people didn't have a mask on," Antionette Simmons said. "For him to turn around and say 'oh we have to stay home' that's like a double standard."
Everyone we spoke with hoping for an end to the COVID-19 crisis, but wondering if closing places like Locanda Amalfi early, is really the solution.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic