Schneider discussed how she has been able to overcome adversity being a trans woman in the spotlight. She also talked about getting engaged and how the surprising proposal went down.
The Oakland resident's 40-game win streak on "Jeopardy!" is the longest by a woman in the show's history. The computer scientist is the second-winningest contestant in terms of consecutive victories behind Ken Jennings. She won $1,382,800 on Jeopardy, the most ever by a woman in the game.
Schneider is the first openly trans person to make it to the 'Jeopardy!' tournament of champions.
Watch the full interview in the media player above.
Related stories and videos:
- Jeopardy! champion Amy Schneider of Oakland to focus on book proposal
- Jeopardy! champion Amy Schneider of Oakland reveals pick for permanent show host
- Oakland's own Amy Schneider reflects on historic 'Jeopardy!' run, talks what's next
- Report: Oakland's Amy Schneider would consider hosting 'Jeopardy!'
- 'Jeopardy!' super champ and Oakland resident Amy Schneider recognized at Warriors game