A group calling themselves Marin Parents United, rallied and marched around the Marin County Civic Center Sunday protesting COVID-19 mandates.
"Our message here today we're against mandates of any form, masks and vaccines," said activist Tief Gibbs.
"I don't believe people should be forced to take the vaccination it should be a choice, there's evidence some people have been harmed by it," said activist Derrick Main.
RELATED: Bay Area parents protest statewide school vaccine mandates by keeping kids home
The group says it's considering a lawsuit against the Marin County Board of Education for requiring that some parents be vaccinated.
"Those school districts are discriminating against parents and children who are unvaccinated, not allowed to attend sports events if the can't provide proof of vaccination," said Gibbs.
The Marin County Office of Education says mandates are needed for health and safety.
"The public health department requires people gathering in large groups for things like sporting events be vaccinated, especially where transmission risk is high," said Superintendent Mary Jane Burke.
RELATED: Virginia parent threatens to bring guns to school over masks: 'Loaded and ready'
In Washington, D.C., thousands of anti-vaccine activists attended a rally denouncing local, state and Federal mandates.
But Medical experts say, two years into a pandemic that has claimed more than 860,000 lives in the U.S., vaccine mandates are needed to save lives and slow the spread of COVID.
"The only thing that moves the dial in the U.S. is mandates. Mandates speak to the benefit at the community level and hospital level, preventing hospitals from being overrun with sick patients from COVID," said UCSF Infectious Diseases Specialist, Dr. Peter Chin-Hong.
VACCINE TRACKER: How California is doing, when you can get a coronavirus vaccine
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- What to know about rapid COVID at-home tests as demand for testing surges
- COVID Variant: 5 reasons you should not deliberately catch omicron to 'get it over with'
- When am I contagious if infected with omicron?
- Is it COVID, a cold or the flu? Here are a few easy ways to tell
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- California's indoor mask mandate: A Bay Area guide to changes in your county
- Here's how to take a rapid COVID-19 test accurately at home
- Here's everything you need to know about COVID-19 booster shots
- How to show proof of vaccination in San Francisco or anywhere in California
- Can a breakthrough infection still lead to long haul COVID-19? San Francisco doctor explains
- Data tracker: Coronavirus cases, deaths, hospitalizations in every Bay Area county
- Get the latest updates on California EDD, stimulus checks, unemployment benefits
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?