COVID-19 RISK CALCULATOR: Quiz yourself on the safest, most dangerous things you can do as CA reopens
"Signed, sealed and delivered. With small modifications we are back in business," announced Hashiri Wednesday on Instagram and Facebook.
Hashiri, a Michelin-starred restaurant, set up the enclosures on the sidewalk outside its location near 5th and Mission Streets, earlier this month, to keep diners socially distanced during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The big bubbles cost about $1,400 a pop, according Kenichiro Matsuura, the general manager of Hashiri.
RELATED: San Francisco restaurant uses 'igloos' for safe, socially distanced dining
In an interview with ABC7 News Matsuura said another impetus for the structures was the increased homelessness in the area caused by the pandemic.
"If you may be familiar with this neighborhood, it's not the safest neighborhood," he said.
Critics called the transparent tents anti-homeless. There was also concern over the air flow inside the domes.
Hashiri says it has fixed the issue.
"We have implemented necessary modifications required by the health department and happy to announce that the Hashiri dining experience will be offered in our modified Geodesic Igloo domes," posted Hashiri on social media.
Reservations for dome dinning start at $200 a person for a five course meal.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- Watch list: Counties where COVID-19 is getting worse
- MAP: Everything that's open, forced to close in Bay Area
- Everything to know about CA's confusing reopening plan, summer shutdown and what comes next
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Experts compare face shield vs. face mask effectiveness
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic