ABC7 News found firefighters backburning land to create a buffer to stop the fire's progress. They tell us they are feeling hopeful. Even though the fire is still out of control, they say their strategies are working and the wind is pushing the fire away from the highway.
BAY AREA FIRE UPDATES: Latest on evacuation orders, road closures here
Many of those on the frontlines of the lightning fires statewide are from outside of the Bay Area.
We met one crew from Texas that arrived in the Bay Area at 2 a.m. By mid-morning, they were battling ferocious flames in an unfamiliar terrain.
VIDEO: Video shows terrifying escape through flames of LNU Lightning Complex fires
Even though the landscape is different for these crews, the firefighting skills are the same.
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Track wildfires across Bay Area with this interactive map
- Here are all the fires burning in the Bay Area right now
- Latest on LNU, CZU and SCU Complex Fire evacuations, road closures
- WATCH: Staggering footage shows lightning storm that started complex fires
- Photos show scope of Bay Area wildfires' devastation
- Track air quality levels in the Bay Area
- How LNU, CZU & SCU Lightning Complex Bay Area fires got their names
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- Camp Fire is deadliest wildfire in California history
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to drive safely during a power outage
- What to do right now to prep for a planned power outage
- Here's how to store electricity before a power outage
- Tips for getting through a long-term power outage
- VIDEO: How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health