The pandemic has posed huge challenges for a non-profit that trains these adorable puppies to become service dogs.
Before COVID-19, Canine Companions for Independence relied on airlines to get the pups to trainers around the country, but the pandemic changed that.
RELATED: First dogs Major and Champ arrive at the White House
"The coronavirus pandemic made that increasingly difficult, lots of cancellations with flights and things like that," said Michelle Williams. "So we started reaching out to our network, and some incredible private pilots have stepped up to help us, and today one of those amazing private pilots is going on a trip and taking 12 puppies with him."
These puppies are being flown to Dayton, Ohio thanks to Pilot Jeff Stewart, who is also the President of Blue Star Gas in Santa Rosa.
He says it is wonderful to help an organization like Canine Companions during this difficult time.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- From COVID-19 to Black Lives Matter, these 13 people defined the Bay Area in 2020
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- CALCULATOR: Find out how many people may get a COVID-19 vaccine before you
- VIDEO: When will I get the COVID-19 vaccine? We explain who goes 1st
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Want to get a COVID-19 test in time for the holidays? Here's what you need to know
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic