SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Bay Area skies have been full of smoke for several weeks due to dozens of wildfires burning across the state. However, residents woke up Wednesday morning and were shocked to discover that the skies were an eerie, deep orange and the sun was nowhere to be seen.
We sent DRONEVIEW7 to check out the apocalyptic scenes in San Francisco and compared them to how the city looked when the air was clearer.
Watch the video in the player above to compare.
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Here are all the fires burning in the Bay Area right now
- Dramatic photos capture orange, hazy skies seen all across San Francisco Bay Area
- Purifiers and filters: Air quality experts share tips for taking safety to next level
- How wildfire smoke can impact your health
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- Camp Fire is deadliest wildfire in California history
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire