SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- As COVID-19 numbers continue to surge, another county has ordered a stay-at-home order that will take effect at 12:01 a.m. Saturday.
Sonoma County Health officials say ICU capacity is now below 15% and they have seen an "alarming increase in cases and hospitalizations in recent days."
RELATED: San Francisco restaurant patrons dine outside despite stay-at-home order
"We didn't think this was going to be the last night until halfway through our dinner," says restaurant patron Chuck Custer. "We were told by the server at another restaurant that they're going to close down."
Meaning that outdoor restaurant locations, hair salons and barber shops, personal care services, and wineries and breweries will be closed come Saturday.
"The most recent data we have here in Sonoma County has us at 11.6% capacity," said a Sonoma County official Thursday.
Restaurant owners like Francisco Santana say he has already laid off eight people.
RELATED: Everything to know about California's confusing new stay-at-home order
"My reaction is kind of sad. They let us open in the street and they gonna close us again so I don't know what we're going to do," says Francisco Santana of Maya Restaurant in Sonoma.
At wineries like Viansa, they have avoided layoffs by shifting more of their business online.
General manager Chris Sebastiani says his family of winemakers made it through Prohibition and the Great Depression and they will make it through this safely as well.
"This is the most challenging time that our generation has faced," says Sebastiani who went on to say. "We will persevere and we will continue to make great wines for generations to come!"
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Want to get a COVID-19 test in time for the holidays? Here's what you need to know
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic