SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A double-decker tour bus caught fire Sunday in San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury neighborhood. Its driver and dozens of passengers escaped injury.
Bystanders ran after the bus to alert the driver as smoke and flames were shooting out of its rear engine.
Fire investigators are looking into what sparked the fire. ABC7 News contacted Big Bus Tours to ask whether a safety inspection of the vehicle had been done prior to the fire. We have called the company and are waiting for a response.