This comes after the deadly mass shooting at a Downtown San Jose railyard back on May 26.
RELATED: VTA could restart partial light rail service this weekend, just in time for 49ers-Raiders game
Trains will operate in limited capacity on Sunday along VTA's Orange Line, which serves the Mountain View Caltrain station, Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, Milpitas Transit Center/BART Station and Alum Rock Light Rail Station in East San Jose, VTA said in this press release. Limited train service will also operate along First Street between Civic Center and Old Ironsides stations. Both trains will stop every 30 minutes from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., the agency said.
Light rail service restarts tomorrow, Sunday, August 29 on a limited part of the system. Details here: https://t.co/3H85Y0mMqe— VTA (@VTA) August 28, 2021
Starting on Monday, Aug. 30, VTA will operate the entire Orange Line, a partial segment of the Green line and continue the bus bridge, the agency said.
Hours of operation will be:
VTA says the Green and Blue lines will come back in phases.
The agency also added it will not collect fares on light rail only, starting August 29 through September 12.
Nine employees were killed at the railyard and one more passed way recently.
The Valley Transportation Authority stopped light rail services following the shooting.
RELATED: Santa Clara VTA to receive $20M in recovery funding
Video above is from a previous story
Stay with ABC7 News for any new developments.
Take a look at the latest stories and videos about the mass shooting at the VTA rail yard in San Jose.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- How to help San Jose shooting victims and their families
- These are the 9 victims of the VTA attack
- What we know about suspected VTA railyard shooter Sam Cassidy
- EXCLUSIVE: San Jose shooting widow remembers 'soulmate' of 22 years
- Families share touching memories of VTA shooting victims during San Jose City Hall vigil
- Witness says gunman targeted those he worked directly with at VTA
- EXCLUSIVE: VTA mass shooting witness describes 'mass of bodies,' says gunman had specific targets
- Suspected VTA shooter's ex-girlfriend describes relationship as abusive, says he was 'mentally not stable'
- San Jose VTA attack is 18th mass shooting in California this year
- VTA light rail operator killed while helping coworkers hide
- VTA rail yard, Gilroy Garlic Festival among deadliest mass shootings in Bay Area history
- Officials share emotional reactions to SJ rail yard tragedy
- Local resources for survivors and victims of gun violence