If you were ever told as a kid not to draw on the walls or you've ever told your kids the same thing, you might have a hard time wrapping your head around Michele Bell's dining room.
"I do a lot of things that I think a lot of parents think I'm insane for doing," said Michele Bell.
Even Bell's own kids thought, 'really mom?'
"I was thinking that she was crazy," said 11-year-old Sanders Bell.
Crazy or creative, you decide.
RELATED: Woman creates virtual cruise experience after vacation canceled due to COVID-19
It all started with Spring Break and canceled plans thanks to COVID-19.
"Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon were where we were originally supposed to go to but we canceled it and we were going to go to New York and then this happened," said Sanders Bell.
"We obviously had to cancel that," said Michele Bell.
So Michelle got out the paint.
"I thought this is a great opportunity to get creative and paint the places that we wanted to go to or still want to go to and have a little fun and let the kids have a free for all on the walls," said Michele Bell.
"I was a little skeptical at first but then she started sketching it out and I kind of saw it in my mind," said 13-year-old Finley Bell.
RELATED: Bay Area families canceling trips amid outbreak
Soon, the dining room turned into landmarks from Las Vegas, Arizona and New York.
"So there's Vegas to the Grand Canyon," said Michele Bell touring the room.
"Every night was a new night in a new place," she continued.
"I really liked drawing some stuff in Jackson Hole," said 8-year-old Charlie Bell.
It's made mealtime memorable.
"It's not the real thing but it's pretty close," said Finley Bell.
RELATED: SF teacher shows us what it's really like instructing from home
And 8-year-old Charlie scored some cred with his classmates.
"Wow that is so cool," said Charlie's teacher in a video.
"They were actually kind of blown away," said Charlie Bell.
Michele Bell says family friends are talking about doing the same thing. She thinks it's a great idea in most cases.
"If you have de Gournay wallpaper on your walls probably don't let your kids draw all over them," said Bell.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of living in the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19