The lyrics are catchy and go to the beat of the popular rap song "Ballin'" byt Mustard and Roddy Ricch - "Cover your face and wash your hands. This virus is spreading all over our lands and we don't wanna leave, we want to stand."
RELATED: Bay Area siblings create adorable coronavirus rap while stuck at home
Vince Vo is the singer of the music video, a student at Oakland High School who thinks it's an effective message for other teenagers, especially in times of uncertainty.
"I see more young people going outside. They don't want to stay inside. I feel like people are really bored, they just want to go outside and do whatever they want," explained Vo.
The nearly two-minute video was created by Oakland Unified School students who work with the nonprofit Youth Beat, a multimedia program.
"We quickly encouraged the students to look around them and create some media that would hopefully be informative and entertaining for youth and others for during these trying times," said Youth Beat Executive Director Jake Schoneker.
RELATED: Videos show how COVID-19 pandemic is impacting Bay Area
Each student worked independently and then came together online to finalize it.
"Lots of emails," said Jason Nguyen, another student who worked on the project and did most of the editing.
"We shared Google docs and like shared the lyrics and what we have planned for the music video," added Vo.
The video will be on many social media platforms.
"All the kids are on social media so we'll upload it to Instagram, and YouTube and sort of spread the word," said Nguyen.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic hereRELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- How California's COVID-19 cases stack up against other hot spot states
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions