During the week we shared a series of four feature-length stories to take us back through those scary moments and help us all be prepared for the next major quake
- Bridging the Faults -The catastrophic fall and slow rise of the Bay Bridge after Loma Prieta
- 30 years after Loma Prieta quake, scientists call Bay Area 'Tectonic Time Bomb'
- Hayward Fault - Here's how close you are to the most dangerous fault in America
- Here's what cities are doing to keep you safe
We also brought you a 30-minute, commercial free special broadcast on the anniversary of Loma Prieta that was available on TV, abc7news.com and the ABC7 News App.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- From the Archives: ABC7's Peabody Award winning coverage of 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake
- MAP: Significant San Francisco Bay Area fault lines and strong earthquakes
- PHOTOS: The Loma Prieta Earthquake
- What to pack in your earthquake emergency kit
- Most powerful earthquakes in California history above 7.0 magnitude
- Prepare NorCal: Disaster Preparedness Resources
- Pet preparedness: How to keep your furry babies safe during a disaster or emergency
- Earthquake scale: How they are measured and what the magnitude and intensity scales mean
- What is an earthquake? This is what happens when the ground starts to shake