Ahi Tuna Carpaccio
- 4 2oz pieces center cut Ahi Tuna, sushi grade
- ½lb. Fava Beans, removed from shell
- ½lb. Pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 Piece Mediterranean Cucumbers
- ½ cup crème fraiche mixed with black olive puree
- 4 artichoke hearts(fresh cooked with water and lemon till tender or jarred)
- 1 bunch mixed herbs, basil and parsley, washed and picked no stems (can sub micro herbs if available)
- 3 Ounces Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Each Lemon
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Peel and seed, slice the cucumber into small pieces.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Cut the artichoke hearts in thin slices if using fresh or quarter if using jarred.
- Cook fava beans in boiling salted water for two minutes or until tender, shock in ice water.
- Remove thin shells from fava's, combine with olive oil, the juice of the half a lemon (or to taste), the cherry tomatoes, artichoke hearts, cucumbers, salt and pepper.
- Reserve for plating. (Note this needs to be made close to serving as the lemon will discolor the fava's if prepping in advance, wait to dress the fava bean salad with lemon closer to final plating)
- Lay the four pieces of tuna on plastic wrap with a little olive oil and lightly pound to a thin even circle. Transfer the carpaccio's to a chilled plate and refrigerate.
- Remove Ahi from refrigerator; season the Ahi with salt and pepper.
- Divide the fava bean salad among the four plates arranging the vegetables attractively.
- Drizzle the black olive crème fraiche over the carpaccios.
- Garnish with the picked fresh herbs or micro herbs if using.
Montalvo Historic Villa & Grounds
May 31, 2008, 5:30PM - 8:30PM
Plumed Horse, Saratoga