Not every house feels like a home, but making simple adjustments to your living environment based on three areas of focus can make a world of difference.
Color and Light:
Any rooms design can be changed with a new coat of paint!
- Have color confidence! Bold colors are not bad!
- If you need help making color decisions for walls or even fabrics it is always a good idea to test them!
- Bringing home paint samples and testing them on the walls can help
- Carpet, upholstery, window treatments, and wall covering swatches are always a good place to start
- When your home reflects you and your interests it is more inviting
- Cut out pictures and patterns that inspire and reflect you
- These can actually be used as framed artwork
- These can also inspire you when making design decisions.
- Light is essential to the look and function of any room.
- Changing an essential lighting fixture (100% Recycled Aluminum) can completely change a room
- Natural light is essentials to warming up any home
A house is not a home if you don't feel comfortable in it. So make changes that will conserve energy and money.
- If you are spending too much to heat your home you end up resenting your home.
- Installing new windows that are made of 100% recycled aluminum can help you cut down on your energy bills by creating a tight seal that keeps your heating and cooling in and windy drafts out!
- Building and remodeling with recycled materials is a great way to keep the environment in mind.
Fabrics and patterns allow for any room to be transformed into a reflection of the owner.
- Know what you like and dislike- are you traditional or eccentric?
- Fabrics can be used for wall coverings, pillow accents, window dressings and even carpets can be influential in your home's design
- People don't think about changing up the tile in their home, but this can also transform a room and now you can find tiles made from recycled materials (Aluminum) as well.
For more information on Evan Farmer, visit www.evanfarmer.net