Grilled rainbow trout with arugula pesto and Napa cabbage & carrots
Gluten-free & Dairy-free
Cook Time: around 20 minutes
- 2-3 Rainbow Trout Fillets
- 2 ounces Arugula Pesto
- 1 ounce Olive oil
- 8 ounces Napa cabbage (8 oz)
- 2 ounces carrots
- 4 ounces Home-made vegetable broth
- Pat trout fillets dry with paper towel if needed.
- Season rainbow trout on both sides with salt & pepper.
- Heat olive oil in frying pan.
- When hot, add fillets to pan, frying for about 2-3 min on each side. (You can tell that the rainbow trout is cooked if the flesh is opaque and flaky but still juicy.)
- Remove pan from stove and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pot.
- Add napa cabbage and carrots and sauté for 2-3 min for heat to be evenly distributed.
- Add in the vegetable broth and reduce heat. Cover the pot with a lid for 3-5 min.
- Season with ½ tsp of salt and a few shakes of pepper.
- Serve napa cabbage and carrots onto plates.
- Plate rainbow trout on top of napa cabbage.
- Drizzle arugula pesto over rainbow trout.
- Serve and enjoy!
Serving size: 1 serving
Percent daily values based on a 2,000 calorie diet
Nutrition information estimated from recipe ingredients
Cook! is an Organic Gourmet Meal Delivery. It is a subscription-based meal preparation service that provides complete ready-to-cook dinners with all fresh, local ingredients chopped, marinated and pre-measured and delivered to Bay Area residents on Wednesdays.
Our real simple meal kits you prepare in 20 minutes! It's slow food at its best, with you pulling the meal through the finish line. Clients follow three simple steps: 1) select their meals for the week, 2) receive their weekly box of easy-to-make-food, and 3) cook their meal in just 20 minutes! Cook! believes food is medicine and offers gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan and vegetarian meals to help people heal their digestive system.
For more information, visit www.cooksf.com
When detoxing with food you want to avoid:
- HFCS, and any transfat
- No refined and processed food
- No caffeine, alcohol
- Common food allergens (gluten, dairy, soy, corn, eggs, nightshades, yeast)
- Organic meats and vegetables
- Lots of healthy green vegetables
- Clearer skin and eyes -- you'll get more compliments
- Weight loss - you'll feel lighter
- Anti-aging Effects
- Increased productivity
- Increased mental clarity -- you'll sound smarter
- Greater motivation and creativity
- Reduction of allergic symptoms