SONOMA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- It was a small step back to normal this Memorial Day Weekend in Sonoma wine country.
Kendall-Jackson Winery outside Santa Rosa was taking lots of reservations for wine tasting reimagined. The longtime winery reopened Sunday with employees back at work with new guidelines and lots of disinfecting. Guests must have a reservation.
"We've spaced tables 10 feet apart, we have PPE, gloves and masks for staff," said Kendall-Jackson Manager Kris Miller.
For now, only wineries that serve food are allowed to resume tastings outdoors. That works for Ben Randall from San Ramon.
"The weather is great, the wine is better, feels good to get out of the house," said Randall.
Sonoma County is easing restrictions on businesses, despite recording 15 new cases of COVID-19 since Friday.
Sisters Corrina and Elissa were getting together for the first time in months at the Russian River Brewing Company in Windsor. You can now grab food and beer to go here or enjoy it on the front patio.
"I can't tell you how happy I am to see people, customers and families back," said Russian River Brewing owner Natalie Cilurzo.
"It's liberating, it's awesome," said Mike Curl from Windsor.
The outdoor patio is now open at "The Wurst" restaurant in Healdsburg.
Customers lined up to order, tables spaced apart. But for some, it was still too weird to be back.
"It's a little stressful, we want to be respectful of workers and other patrons, it's good to be out though," said customer Mary Geddling.
Restaurant owner Charles Bell says this weekend has been busy but it's been a struggle.
"Normally, Memorial Day weekend would be packed, so we're grateful to have whatever we have now," said Bell.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- When will the San Francisco Bay Area reopen? Track progress on 6 key metrics to reopening here
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- WATCH LIVE: Daily briefings from CA, Bay Area officials
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Latino community
- WATCH: 'Your Mental Health: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall addressing COVID-19 impact on mental health
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions