Cinemark plans to reopen in San Francisco and Santa Clara Counties on Friday. Concession stands will remain closed in those counties, and eating is not allowed inside theatres - per county regulations. Cinemark's CEO says there will be capacity limits. He says the company has safety protocols in place and has provided extensive health and safety training to employees.
COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest, most dangerous things to do this holiday season
"We've opened 85% of our theatres around the country and we've had no problem. No reported case of COVID anywhere around the country," said Mark Zoradi, Cinemark Century Theatres CEO.
AMC is set to reopen eight theaters across the Bay Area on Friday. The chain says it is limiting capacity to 40% or less, depending on local guidelines. Masks are required. AMC says strict cleaning protocols will be in place at every theater. It's partnering with Oakland-based Clorox to help execute those plans.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic