WILDFIRE TRACKER: Interactive map shows where wildfires are burning in CA
A Cal Fire incident commander told reporters Tuesday morning that the 16-member team is sidelined for two weeks.
VIDEO: Crews show frontline battle against Caldor Fire's giant flames
The loss of the strike team was not expected to have much of an impact on the firefighting efforts to protect the fast-moving fire from reaching South Lake Tahoe, further spread of the virus could create larger manpower issues.
TAKE ACTION: How to help Tahoe communities
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- How bad will CA's fire season be? Here's what we know, what we don't
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- How to make a pet carrier in case of emergency
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- The deadliest wildfires in California history
- Live: Track Bay Area air quality levels
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health
- What are the diablo winds and how can they influence Northern California wildfires?
- What you need to know about Santa Ana winds and California wildfires
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to pick a mask for protection during a wildfire
- Red flag warning: What to do during dangerous fire conditions
- Everything to know about red flame retardant dropped during wildfires
- What happens to animals during wildfires?
- How to drive safely during a power outage
- How wildfires create a serious threat for flooding and mudflows
- These aircraft are on the front lines of the fight against California wildfires