SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- 7 On Your Side's Michael Finney and a team of experts answered your questions about EDD and unemployment during our online-only "Cry For Help" town hall.
Bay Area residents shared their frustrations about delays in getting their unemployment assistance.
Assemblypersons David Chiu, D-San Francisco, and Kevin Kiley, R-El Dorado County, joined us to discuss possible solutions to this crisis.
We talked to an HR manager from a major company who spoke about what his employees have been dealing with and what he sees as the problems that need fixing at EDD.
Watch the town hall in its entirety in the video player above.
RELATED EDD STORIES & VIDEOS:
- EDD's out-of-date website causes increased benefit delays and identity theft risks
- FAQ with EDD: From getting through on the phone to $600 payments, 7 On Your Side gets your questions answered
- Here's why thousands are still not receiving EDD benefits, as $600 a week payments end
- EDD complaints still pouring in as $600 benefit ends this week
- EDD spokesperson talks future of extra $600 pandemic payment, wait times
- Lawmakers call for accountability for EDD's 'unacceptable' performance
- EDD mistakenly pays workers who still have jobs
- Woman gets EDD letters awarding, denying benefits in the same day
See more stories and videos about Building a Better Bay Area here.
Take a look at more stories by Michael Finney and 7 On Your Side.