Caltrain is committed to the health and safety of passengers and staff. The transportation system has adapted service to operate under continually changing conditions in light of COVID-19. Currently, Caltrain cleans and sanitizes its fleet and stations daily using hospital-grade disinfectant products. Station touch points are wiped down multiple times each day and cleaning crews use spray foggers on trains overnight and midday.
Caltrain requires all passengers to wear a face covering when riding the train or waiting at stations and the train's latest schedule is designed to allow for physical distancing with more frequent service and six-car trains. Passengers are asked to maintain at least 6 feet of distance between fellow passengers.
Every train is equipped with a bathroom to wash your hands, so be sure to wash before and after you ride. If you feel sick, please stay home. For more information on Caltrain's COVID-19 updates, click here.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- California reopening: Here's what's open, closed in the Bay Area
- Watch list: Counties where COVID-19 is getting worse
- When will the San Francisco Bay Area reopen? Track progress on 6 key metrics to reopening here
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- Here's everything allowed to open in CA (and what we're still waiting on)
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Experts compare face shield vs. face mask effectiveness
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- WATCH: ABC7 Listens 'From Anger To Action: A Bay Area Conversation'
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US