REDWOOD CITY, Calif. (KGO) -- A Redwood City man with disabilities discovered late Saturday morning that someone had set his car on fire.
The victim is Asian, and his sister is concerned this could be racially motivated. She also requested we not use their names in this story.
RELATED: Find resources to help with equality, justice and race issues
She tells ABC7's Dion Lim that her brother found his job at Safeway through Ability Path, an organization which helps those with developmental disabilities.
He's now going to drive a rental car to get to work.
You can see the car is not salvageable.
Police told Dion Lim the case is under investigation.
A Redwood City Fire Department arson investigator says an accelerate was used to intentionally set the car on fire.
"At this time, there is no information to indicate that this incident was associated to a hate crime," police said.
Police released a photo of a suspect, who they say was last seen riding his bicycle southbound on Rolision Alley towards Marsh Rd. The crime occurred around 11 a.m. Saturday in the alley behind 3752 Rolison Road, according to police.
This is an on-going investigation and police say "anyone with information regarding this incident is encouraged to contact Detective Sergeant Nick Perna at 650-780-7672 or Fire Marshall Gareth Harris at 650-780-7400."
VIDEO: Good Samaritan rescues Asian woman from assault at Diridon Station in San Jose
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Bay Area Asian Americans share powerful, painful memories of hate
- 83-year-old Asian man describes debilitating SF attack, warns people 'to be careful'
- 'Go back to China': Racist rant suspect ID'd as daughter of late NY senator
- Asian American victim considers moving out of state after brutal attack in SF
- EXCLUSIVE: 75-year-old Asian man warned about increase in attacks days before murder in Oakland
- Daniel Dae Kim, members of Congress to testify on discrimination, violence against Asian Americans
- Asian grandma knocked unconscious in unprovoked attack in NY
- Family outraged over SF DA's description of 84-year-old Asian man's suspected killer
- Nearly 3,800 anti-Asian hate incidents reported across US since March 2020, group says
- 'This is horrific': SFPD to step up patrols amid string of violent attacks on Asian Americans
- Daniel Wu, W. Kamau Bell discuss shocking crimes against Asian Americans
- Santa Cruz Warriors guard Jeremy Lin comments on racial slur directed at him
- #StandForAsians rally draws hundreds in San Mateo with 7th grader leading the charge
- Actors Daniel Dae Kim, Daniel Wu discuss violent crimes against Asian Americans in Bay Area
- Police investigating after Asian man stabbed in back in NYC's Chinatown
- Burma Superstar offers $5,000 reward as ABC7 receives reports of additional attacks on Asian Americans
- EXCLUSIVE: Former Bay Area gang member arrested after threatening to kill Asians online
- 'We're on alert': Volunteers arm Oakland Chinatown business owners with air horns for safety
- Arrest in NYC assault on Chinese woman after Olivia Munn called for public's help
- Hundreds of people are volunteering to escort elderly Asian Americans to help keep them safe
- Surge in racism against Asian Americans spurs calls for change
- Oakland police chief visits Chinatown shops, emphasizes need for 'greater presence' after attacks, crime
Collapse :heavy_check_mark: 7