Francis Sibal is a chef at Google, but during the shelter-in-place order, he has some time on his hands. He was inspired by his sister who works long hours at a hospital and decided to learn how to bake.
In just a week-and-a-half, he's baked nearly 3,000 Filipino pandesal breads for hospital workers all over the Bay Area.
He described his colorful, different flavored, creations as fluffy and buttery and "oh, so good."
RELATED: Coronavirus kindness: Livermore restaurant serving up free meals to first responders, front-line workers
Through word of mouth and social media, health care workers request bread then catch it from Francis' second-story unit in Milpitas or for the older folks--- lowers it down by a pulley.
The bread is so popular, people are donating supplies to Francis from around the country.
"A couple people in Colorado, Milwaukee, even as far as San Diego donating because they're not close by," Sibal said. "So they'll Venmo me. People are just asking me, what do you need? I need a box of Ziploc bags. Can you grab me some? And people have been really, really generous dropping of bags of flour, sugar even butter," he said.
Francis says he is so grateful for the support and is having a lot of fun baking. He's going to continue for the duration of the pandemic and just might start selling them one day.
You can request some bread via Francis' Instagram or by visiting him on Facebook here:
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US,around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of livingin the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19