Many couples-to be had to cancel wedding plans last year at the height of the pandemic and now, some are getting cold feet about their newly rescheduled wedding plans.
RELATED: COVID-19 separation forces SoCal couple to turn their wedding into a true fairy tale
Bay Area wedding planner Alicia Falango is talking about nervous brides and grooms-to-be, unsure about their wedding dates, which have been postponed over and over and now, may be changed yet again due to that wedding crasher, the Delta variant.
"Still a lot of unknowns, people are getting nervous about the Delta, asking us to move up events sooner when things are still allowed," said Falango.
The fear is another lockdown, but speeding up the big day is tough when there's no venue available to party.
"People are completely booked out," said Falango.
VIDEO: COVID-19 nurse marries in emotional hospital ceremony
Ian Johnstone and his wife Samantha from Marin County got married last summer, but postponed the reception until October 2021, when it was safe to gather. Now that's uncertain.
"We're talking about requiring everyone to be vaccinated, just to be extra safe," said Johnstone.
Wedding planner Corina Beczner has clients who want rapid COVID testing done outside their wedding venue for all guests going to the chapel.
"This is the way it is, making sure everyone is safe, once alcohol is involved, the masks come off," said Beczner.
RELATED: Engagement ring sales soar as US recovers from pandemic
The best advice to avoiding the wedding bell blues, is, be flexible.
"They need to have a back up plan to the back up plan," Falango added.
That means being open to keeping your wedding small and moving the date up to next year, even 2023 if you can.
Or there's always another option planners are offering, eloping.
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window. RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under reopening tiers
- Cheat sheet: What you can and can't do after being fully vaccinated
- How to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- Interactive map shows what's closed and what's reopening in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Data tracker: Coronavirus cases, deaths, hospitalizations in every Bay Area county
- Third stimulus check calculator: See how much you could get
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- Get the latest updates on California EDD, stimulus checks, unemployment benefits
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic