Newlyweds Belma and Ernad were spending their wedding night at the Hotel Nikko in San Francisco, where proof of vaccination is required.
RELATED: SF vaccine mandate now in effect for indoor bars, restaurants, gyms, more
"The more people who get vaccinated, it's going to be better for everyone, so hopefully no one asks for vaccination cards when cases come down," said groom Ernad Dzananovic.
Proof of vaccination is not required to check in, but posted signs say you'll need to show proof in hotel bars and restaurants.
The Hotel Council of San Francisco has launched a new campaign, "Relax We're Vaxxed," educating travelers about the new rules.
"So if someone is not vaccinated they can order room service but so far, it's been great, we've had little to no push back," said Hotel Nikko VP and GM Anna Marie Presutti.
VIDEO: How to show proof of vaccination in San Francisco or anywhere in California
"It will absolutely keep visitors away," said Cara Brown.
Cara Brown from Oakland was checking in, she called the mandate unfair.
I'm going to tell them I don't have it. I'm not vaccinated. I'm not an anti-vaxer, I'm just waiting for a 2.0, but I'm going to tell them I don't have it, if I have to go somewhere else I will," said Brown.
RELATED: Proof of vaccination or negative COVID test to be required at indoor events in California
In two weeks, the first convention in almost 17 months returns to Moscone Center.
All attendees must be vaccinated, if not... "You won't be allowed to register or be allowed into the convention hall," said Joe D'Alessandro.
SF Travel Association President Joe D'Alessandro says the convention groups he's talking to, welcome the mandate.
"We're taking this seriously, you can meet in San Francisco and feel like it's a safe place to do that," he added.
Another step forward on the return to normal.
Having trouble loading the tracker above? Click here to open it in a new window.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under reopening tiers
- Cheat sheet: What you can and can't do after being fully vaccinated
- How to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in every Bay Area county
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- Interactive map shows what's closed and what's reopening in the San Francisco Bay Area
- Data tracker: Coronavirus cases, deaths, hospitalizations in every Bay Area county
- Third stimulus check calculator: See how much you could get
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- Get the latest updates on California EDD, stimulus checks, unemployment benefits
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic