"I take it very seriously. I'm going to be with my family for two, three weeks and I'll be quarantining when I'm back," said holiday traveler Anurag Garodia.
The two mandatory quarantine orders affect people returning to San Francisco who have traveled outside of the nine Bay Area counties and Santa Cruz County.
RELATED: Holiday travelers arriving in Bay Area say they'll quarantine for Christmas, if they have to
In the South Bay, anyone entering Santa Clara County borders from more than 150 miles away are included.
Both orders require travelers to self-quarantine for 10 days.
"They've got to put some commercials out there, how am I supposed to know about this?" said traveler Johan Quie.
Johan Quie hadn't heard of the order, but he plans on following it.
RELATED: Holiday travel increasing dramatically despite public health warnings amid COVID surge
"Anything we can do to get back to normal if it'll make it go faster and not disrupt small businesses, I think it's a smart move," Quie said.
Alex Stanciu and his family are headed to Costa Rica for the holidays.
He's heard of the quarantine order and plans on following it, but expressed pandemic fatigue.
"I think we have to do it but also it's mixed messages but not clear, and every county's different and every rule - you don't even know what the rules are many times," Stanciu said.
For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- From COVID-19 to Black Lives Matter, these 13 people defined the Bay Area in 2020
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- CALCULATOR: Find out how many people may get a COVID-19 vaccine before you
- VIDEO: When will I get the COVID-19 vaccine? We explain who goes 1st
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Want to get a COVID-19 test in time for the holidays? Here's what you need to know
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic