He loaded them into his truck - Can't let tough Lake County down.
"I mean you can't believe what the people in this community do," Lyndall said. "We put out chin up, shovel in the ground, and just go."
RELATED: Coronavirus Kindness: Bay Area restaurants give back to community one pizza at a time
Mike fills this order three times a week. The ten minute drive delivers him to a place where they take his temperature every time, even though hungry staff members have already formed a line.
They know what's coming---another donated lunch from Mike to the hard-working, COVID-19-stressed staff at Sutter Health Lakeside Hospital.
"It is one less thing for us to worry about, and nice that we don't," said Erica Harrison, am intensive care nurse
If you ask Mike why he donates these meals, he'll say over and over that he is, "doing the right thing."
"My mom and dad said sometimes it isn't about making money. It's about doing the right thing," he said.
RELATED: South Bay, Google chef bakes thousands of Filipino breads for front-line workers during COVID-19 pandemic
Deke And Patti Lyndall drilled that principle into their son. Do the right thing, no matter what, even in tough times.
"We are losing money but we decided if we are going to go down, we would go down doing the right thing," Lyndall said.
Those words are put into action as Mike delivers a meal at a time, again and again, and in the thousands by now, reliable as clockwork.
"Thank you," one of the hospital staffers went out of her way to say.
It was another beautiful moment. If only Mike's mother had been here to see it - He lost her just before COVID-19 arrived.
"I hope she would say she is proud of me," Mike said while choking back tears for the third or fourth time. "I hope she is proud."
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US,around the world
- Coronavirus data: See how the curve of COVID-19 cases is bending in each Bay Area county
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: ABC7's interactive town hall 'Race and Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation'
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- Coronavirus and the new normal of livingin the San Francisco-Bay Area -- COVID-19 Diaries
- Happy hour goes virtual as people try to be sociable while social distancing during COVID-19 crisis
- Coronavirus Outbreak: Here's why you should practice 'social distancing'
- DRONEVIEW7: What the Bay Area looks like during the coronavirus shelter-in-place
- ABC7's drive around San Francisco shows empty streets, businesses shuttered
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions
- Asian community fighting racism, xenophobia, bigotry as world fights COVID-19