This is the second wave of DMV offices re-opening since the shelter-in-place mandates were ordered because of the pandemic.
RELATED: Everything we know about CA businesses opening Friday and what comes next
They opened 25 offices about three weeks ago.
They are doing the reopening in phases as they try to adapt to a world with social distancing.
The DMV is re-opening more locations today. Workers are trying to organize the crowd outside the Pleasanton office before they officially open at 8am pic.twitter.com/MU6cjeHeX6— Amy Hollyfield (@amyhollyfield) May 28, 2020
During the shutdown, DMV officials expanded what services they offer online.
At the Pleasanton office Thursday morning, workers tried to sift through the line of people to save them from waiting in line. They sent people home who could do their transactions online.
RELATED: 46 more DMV field offices to reopen on Thursday
Many people said they had tried to go online and ended up here.
"I put all the information in for my tags and it wouldn't let me do it and it said you have to go into the office. I'm here. And he said no," Dublin resident Dorothy East said outside the Pleasanton office, referring to a DMV worker.
46 more DMV offices are re-opening in California today. But they still aren’t doing driving tests. In the Bay Area - these locations re-open at 8am today: Daly city, Fremont, Oakland Coliseum, Pittsburg, Pleasanton, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Tracy and Fairfield. pic.twitter.com/n4I80hWPn7— Amy Hollyfield (@amyhollyfield) May 28, 2020
She planned to go home and call the 1-800 number.
RELATED: 5 DMV offices open in the Bay Area for appointment only amid coronavirus pandemic
"I tried doing it online but it didn't work. So that's why I came," said San Ramon resident Allen Wong. He was trying to transfer his title. He says they took his paperwork and promised to send him something in the mail.
The Bay Area offices that reopened on Thursday are Corte Madera, Daly City, Fairfield, Fremont, Oakland Coliseum, Pittsburg, Pleasanton, San Mateo, Santa Clara and Tracy.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- Live updates about coronavirus outbreak in US, around the world
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- How California's COVID-19 cases stack up against other hot spot states
- Everything you need to know about the Bay Area's shelter-in-place order
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area/
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Stimulus calculator: How much money should you expect from coronavirus relief bill
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- What Bay Area tenants need to know about rent payments, eviction amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- List of stores, companies closing due to coronavirus pandemic
- Canceled late fees, free services available amid COVID-19 crisis
- Here's how you can help during COVID-19 pandemic
- How to maintain learning during school closures
- No masks but here are 100+ products that may help protect you against novel coronavirus germs
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions