TIMELINE: Level 1 storm returns to Bay Area early this week
Sunday, November 12, 2023
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Rain returns to the Bay Area this week. It is expected to make landfall on Tuesday morning, mainly in the North Bay before it moves through the region Wednesday through Friday.
Here's a timeline of the Level 1 storm.
UPDATE: Here's when and where the Bay Area will see rain this week
Dry day with a mix of sun and clouds and temps in the 60s/70s
LIVE: Track rain in San Francisco Bay Area with Live Doppler 7
- Midnight - 6am: light, scattered showers
- 6am - rest of the day: Rain focused in the North Bay. Rest of the region is a mix of sun & clouds
- Biggest impact will be slick roads
- North Bay Rainfall: 1/2" - 1"
- Rainfall elsewhere: less than .10"
WATCH: Latest AccuWeather Bay Area forecast here
- Wednesday morning commute is dry.
- Scattered showers return by noon.
- Wednesday evening commute will see light to moderate rain across the entire Bay Area.
- Rainfall totals are generally 1/4"-1/2"
- The biggest impact is a slower than normal Wed PM rush.
Thursday and Friday
- Low pressure will move into California either Thursday or Friday
- Whichever day it makes landfall will have the higher rainfall and impact
- Will fine tune details in coming days
If you're on the ABC7 News app, click here to watch live
Copyright © 2023 KGO-TV. All Rights Reserved.