COVID-19 RISK CALCULATOR: Quiz yourself on the safest, most dangerous things you can do as CA reopens
Indoor dining, bars, gyms, hotels, nail salons and more were scheduled to resume July 1, but on Monday, Contra Costa Health Services announced they will push back that opening date indefinitely.
On Monday Governor Gavin Newsom said if a county is on the watch list for two weeks or longer, the state will order them to roll back reopening.
RELATED: Stricter stay-at-home restrictions coming back for Californians, Gov. Newsom teases as COVID-19 cases climb
Contra Costa Health Services says the average number of newly identified COVID-19 cases has increased from 39 a day to 68.
Natalie Cooper owns Lumpy's Diner in Pittsburg. She said everything is constantly changing.
"The state says one thing and then it goes to the county and it's like every day is something changing," Cooper said.
CALIFORNIA REOPENING: Here's what's open, closed in the San Francisco Bay Area
She said what made it stressful was preparing her staff for reopening on July 1 and then finding out a day and a half before that won't be the case.
"We worked really hard," Cooper said. "Cleaning the restaurant, organizing, training. We've ordered extra supplies, extra food and now all of that is going to be pushed back - so there's going to be a lot of time money wasted that we're not allowed to open."
Cooper said right now she's doing to-go services, and thanks the community for their support. Anything helps.
"The unknown is scary like, we don't know what's to happen and we're barely hanging on," Cooper said.
WATCH: SF business owners frustrated as city delays reopening due to rising COVID-19 cases
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- COVID-19 risk calculator: Quiz yourself on the safest, most dangerous things you can do as CA reopens
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- When will the San Francisco Bay Area reopen? Track progress on 6 key metrics to reopening here
- Reopening California: What's opening and when in the Bay Area
- Everything we know about CA businesses opening and what comes next
- Life after COVID-19: Here's what restaurants, gyms will look like
- Here's everything allowed to open in CA (and what we're still waiting on)
- INTERACTIVE TIMELINE: How close was CA to becoming a NY-level crisis?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- List: Where can I get tested for COVID-19 in the Bay Area?
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Asian American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on African American community
- WATCH: 'Race & Coronavirus: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall about COVID-19 impact on Latino community
- WATCH: 'Your Mental Health: A Bay Area Conversation' virtual town hall addressing COVID-19 impact on mental health
- Symptoms, prevention, and how to prepare for a COVID-19 outbreak in the US
- Here's a look at some of history's worst pandemics that have killed millions