SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- While at an event at Dolores Park with The Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence to hand out free masks on Friday, ABC7 News asked San Francisco Mayor London Breed to weigh-in on Speaker Nancy Pelosi's controversial salon visit.
"We have a terrorist, we have a dictator who is running this country and Nancy Pelosi is at the forefront fighting against this person everyday, you know, and I'm not trying to excuse what happened," Mayor Breed said. "I'm just saying that to allow an issue like this to turn our city upside down when we got folks who are homeless, we've got people who can't open their business, including these salons. I understand," she said.
"So, why not apologize, not you, but the speaker," ABC7 News reporter Kris Reyes asked the mayor.
"Let me just be clear, I can be responsible for my behavior, I can't tell other people what to do," she said.
WATCH: Owner of SF salon holds press conference after Pelosi's controversial visit
Clearly, President Donald Trump, is feeling the exact opposite. At a campaign rally in Pennsylvania, Thursday, he said exactly what he thought the Speaker should have done.
"You know what she should've done honestly? She should've said sorry I made a mistake, sorry, and nobody would be talking about it," said Trump. "She must have treated that salon very badly, she uses that salon and the salon turned her in."
By Friday, the blow dryers hanging from the tree in front of Pelosi's Pacific Heights home had been taken down. A different scene from Thursday, when salon owners gathered to voice their frustration with the Speaker's maskless salon visit, caught on camera.
"I get that they have these feelings, they are voicing their feelings, but we are doing the very best we can and I know that's not good enough for them, I understand," said Breed. "I get it, but at the end of the the day, it is really time for us to move on."
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here.
Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- COVID-19 Help: Comprehensive list of resources, information
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- From salons to dinner parties: Experts rate the risk of 12 activities
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during novel coronavirus pandemic
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic