After California's statewide stay-at-home order was recently lifted, the Oakland Zoo announced it would be requiring tickets to be reserved through its online reservation system.
RELATED: Coronavirus California: Map shows which counties can, can't reopen under reopening tiers
But due to months of long-awaited build-up for Bay Area families, the zoo's website has temporarily taken down its ticketing system, blaming a "tremendous response to our reopening" as the reason for technical difficulties with the interface. The Oakland zoo says the webstore will reopen for reservations, Tuesday at noon.
RELATED: Bay Area zoos, outdoor attractions welcome back guests after stay-at-home order lifted
The Oakland Zoo said all COVID-19 health and safety guidelines are being followed upon reopening on Wednesday, with limited capacity, and face masks required on the zoo grounds at all times.
RELATED: 'A community treasure': Oakland Zoo fighting for survival amid COVID-19 closure
The popular, "Glowfari," the nighttime lantern light festival at the Oakland Zoo, resumes on Friday, Feb. 5. It has been extended through mid-March, with online reservations required.
If you have a question or comment about the COVID-19 vaccine, submit via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- From COVID-19 to Black Lives Matter, these 13 people defined the Bay Area in 2020
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- CALCULATOR: Find out how many people may get a COVID-19 vaccine before you
- VIDEO: When will I get the COVID-19 vaccine? We explain who goes 1st
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Want to get a COVID-19 test in time for the holidays? Here's what you need to know
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic