Several Bay Area counties went dark as part of PG&E's Public Safety Power Shutoff.
Throughout California, 738,000 customers saw the lights go out across the state.
Outages caused issues with traffic signals, businesses and more, and PG&E customers rushed to fill up their gas tanks and stock up on water and other supplies.
The shutoffs happened in three phases and each cause anxiety for residents that werent sure what would happen next.
Watch the video above for a look at the outages from Wednesday morning.
For the latest stories about PG&E's Public Safety Power Shutoff go here.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- LIST: Counties, cities affected by PG&E power outage in Bay Area, rest of California
- MAPS: PG&E power outage is affecting these Bay Area cities
- TIMELINE: Here's when your power could come back after PG&E outage
- LIST: Places to go during potential PG&E power shutoff
- Are you ready for a blackout? Here's how to prepare
- You can store electricity before the outage: here's how
- LIST: Schools impacted by PG&E power shutoff
- Why is fire danger increasing if hot temps are decreasing?
- Pleasanton Police Department's hilarious PG&E power shutdown tips go viral
- How to find out if PG&E power outages are coming, how to deal when they do