HEALDSBURG, Calif. (KGO) -- In the North Bay, people in Sonoma County are expected to gather for what they're calling a "Russian River Rally for Ukraine."
It is scheduled to begin at 6:30 p.m. Friday at the Guerneville pedestrian bridge, which will be lit up in the colors of the Ukrainian flag.
People are encouraged to bring signs of support for Ukraine.
TAKE ACTION: Local and national support for people in Ukraine
This will mark the third bridge over the Russian River to be lit in yellow and blue.
This first was the Healdsburg Memorial Bridge that was lit up back on Feb. 28, and the Monte Rio Bridge was lit up earlier this week.
This photo taken from a drone by Sonoma County photographer, Tom Rennie, shows the Healdsburg Memorial Bridge on Feb. 28:
Take a look at the latest updates on the Ukraine-Russia war.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- LIST: Companies pulling out of Russia include Apple, Ikea, Ford
- Who is Ukraine's Volodymyr Zelenskyy? Before 2019 election, former comedian played president on TV
- Why is Russia attacking Ukraine? Stanford expert answers top Google questions
- How to help Ukrainians amid Russian attacks
- How to talk to your kids about Ukraine, according to psychologists
- Bay Area priest on a mission bringing aid to Ukrainian refugees in Poland
- Thousands from Bay Area look to head to Ukraine to fight
- Local and national support for people in Ukraine
- Ukrainian woman 39 weeks pregnant hides in bomb shelter
- Ukrainian grandmother tells grandson she's 'ready to fight' as Russian forces move closer to Kyiv
- Bay Area nonprofit trying to save volunteers, dogs stranded in Ukraine
- Ukrainian mom, children reunite with family in emotional moment at US airport: 'Now I can sleep'
- College roommates living nightmare watching their countries at war
- SJ City Hall illuminated in Ukrainian colors, city leader looks to cut ties with Russian Sister City
- What is SWIFT and why it's being called the 'nuclear' option for Russian sanctions
- Where is Ukraine located? A brief look into one of Europe's largest, poorest countries
- What is NATO? Security alliance a key player in Russia-Ukraine conflict | Map of countries
- Stoli Vodka, Smirnoff - neither made in Russia - being dumped out as states boycott
- Teen who tracked Elon Musk's jet is now tracking Russian oligarchs
- Elon Musk's Starlink internet service now 'active' in Ukraine following official's plea on Twitter
- Trump defends praise of Putin in days since Russian troops invaded Ukraine
- The CEO and the employee: How an SF company is working to protect workers in Ukraine
- Why Americans should care about the Ukraine-Russia conflict