The program triples support from the city with $12.4 million in grants and $50 million in zero to low interest loans.
RELATED: SF offers help to some small businesses, but some still furious over closures
"We especially want to target those businesses that are located in high need neighborhoods, that are operated by those who have had less success accessing existing programs, like businesses owned by women and people of color," said Mayor Breed.
It's a bit of hope for two Black women in business, boutique owner, Arlene Cook, and trainer and life coach, Lawanda Dickerson.
"Representation is everything," said Dickerson, who says a grant would go a long way towards keeping U3Fit, her Bayview fitness business afloat. "I need help, I need my employees back, and I also need to expand through technology," she said.
VIDEO: SF mayor explains 'complicated' vaccine distribution plan
Cook said during the pandemic, she has applied for 40 different loan and grant programs to keep her Richmond District clothing store open, but has only been approved for three.
"I apply for everything and I hope that I get something. I'd be happy if I got a dollar to be honest with you," she said.
Cook says she's operating at less than 30% of normal and says she'll apply for Breed's new programs, but isn't overly optimistic she'll be approved.
RELATED: SF orders mandatory quarantine for incoming travelers amid COVID-19 surge
"There was already a people of color grant and there was already a women of color grant, and there's three women of color on Clement Street and none of us got any of it."
"It's just like you're chasing money, it's like you're begging for it," said Cook.
Breed's relief plan still requires approval from the Board of Supervisors.
If you have a question or comment about the coronavirus pandemic, submit yours via the form below or here. Get the latest news, information and videos about the novel coronavirus pandemic here
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- From COVID-19 to Black Lives Matter, these 13 people defined the Bay Area in 2020
- Map: CA counties that can, can't reopen under new rules
- CALCULATOR: Find out how many people may get a COVID-19 vaccine before you
- VIDEO: When will I get the COVID-19 vaccine? We explain who goes 1st
- COVID-19 risk calculator: The safest and most dangerous things to do this holiday season
- Want to get a COVID-19 test in time for the holidays? Here's what you need to know
- Updated number of COVID-19 deaths, cases in Bay Area
- Map shows everywhere you can get a COVID-19 test in the Bay Area
- COVID-19 Diaries: Personal stories of Bay Area residents during pandemic
- California EDD: The most commonly asked questions we get about unemployment and PUA
- Health experts urge flu shots in effort to avoid 'twindemic'
- How to tell the difference between seasonal allergies and coronavirus symptoms
- Here's which mask is better to protect from COVID-19
- First COVID-19 vaccine volunteers in US describe experience as Bay Area launches vaccine trials
- Coronavirus origin: Where did COVID-19 come from?
- What is a COVID-19 genetic, antigen and antibody test?
- What will it take to get a COVID-19 vaccine and how will it be made?
- What does COVID-19 do to your body and why does it spread so easily?
- Here's how shelter in place, stay at home orders can slow spread of COVID-19
- Coronavirus Timeline: Tracking major moments of COVID-19 pandemic in San Francisco Bay Area
- Coronavirus Doctor's Note: Dr. Alok Patel gives his insight into COVID-19 pandemic