LIVE: Track rain with Live Doppler 7
The video in the player above shows what it looked like across the region.
We'll be streaming "Tracking the Storm: California Team Coverage," a special report on the strong storm moving across the state, at noon. You can watch here or on your preferred streaming app. If you have Fire TV, Android TV, Apple TV or Roku, you can download the ABC7 News streaming app here.
More than 36,000 Bay Area PG&E customers lost power overnight.
STORM TIMELINE: Here's how long torrential rain, powerful winds last in Bay Area
In San Jose, the southbound I-680 to southbound Hwy 101 connector ramp was closed after a big rig crash.
In San Francisco, the downpour caused issues for the morning commute and there was a crash on the Bay Bridge. Southbound lanes of I-80 flooded and cars had to make their way through at least a few inches of water that piled up.
Watch the latest AccuWeather forecast and take a look at recent weather stories and videos.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- VIDEO: Watch the latest AccuWeather forecast
- How to prepare your home for winter storms
- TIPS: How do you recover from hydroplaning?
- TIPS: Here's how to use sandbags and prevent flooding
- Planning a snow trip? Check out these Sierra driving tips from the pros
- How to drive safely in snow
- Tips to help you drive in dense fog
- Tips for staying safe while hitting the slopes