VALLEJO, Calif. -- Firefighters have contained a three-alarm fire after it burned through a large commercial building in Vallejo Thursday evening.
The fire is located near the intersection of Broadway and Sharon Street on the western edge of the city near state Highway 29.
A Vallejo fire spokesperson said the commercial building likely houses a large number of vehicles.
Firefighters from American Canyon, Benicia and Fairfield are assisting Vallejo firefighters.
A lumber yard is located west of the fire location and a mobile home park is one block north, so firefighters are taking preventative measures so the flames do not spread.
There are no further details at this time.
For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
If you're on the ABC7 News app, click here to watch live
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Map shows riskiest areas in California for damaging wildfires
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- How to make a pet carrier in case of emergency
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- The deadliest wildfires in California history
- Live: Track Bay Area air quality levels
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire
- What's in wildfire smoke? How it can impact your health
- What are the diablo winds and how can they influence Northern California wildfires?
- What you need to know about Santa Ana winds and California wildfires
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to pick a mask for protection during a wildfire
- Red flag warning: What to do during dangerous fire conditions
- Everything to know about red flame retardant dropped during wildfires
- What happens to animals during wildfires?
- How to drive safely during a power outage
- How wildfires create a serious threat for flooding and mudflows
- These aircraft are on the front lines of the fight against California wildfires