SAN JOSE (KGO) -- Dramatic recordings have been released by the VTA as a gunman stalked and killed his coworkers at the Guadalupe facility in San Jose.
What's remarkable given the circumstances is how calm people were during the incident.
Below are some parts of the radio traffic recordings.
WOMAN: Hi communications.
MAN: Michelle we have, we have shots fired in building B at Guadalupe.
MAN: Guadalupe yard right here on First and Younger.
WOMAN: Yeah? MAN: I'm sorry Younger and San Pedro.
WOMAN: Okay. How many, what happened?
MAN: that's all we have right now. Building B. Shots were fired.
Three minutes later as the shooting is going, we have two more calls.
One appears to be from a man who works security. He is told to stay away but can be clearly heard saying he is coming in because he is armed.
MAN 1: Rail control, Walter.
MAN 2: Walter, 7-7-2 track department.
MAN 1: Who's this?
MAN 2: 7-7-2. Track.
MAN 1: 7-7-2 What's going on man?
MAN 2: Yeah I don't know if anyone reported to you, we think there's a possible shooting right here, building, building B.
MAN 1: Yeah where you at, you need to shelter-in-place, hide, whatever you've gotta do. MAN 2: We're outside by the regular, I've got a couple guys with me by the regulators.
MAN 1: Okay. Go ahead and just stay clear man we've got county rolling all that good stuff. Just be safe.
MAN 1: Rail this is Travis.
MAN 2: Hey Travis this S-8-5 I'm about to pull into the yard now.
MAN 1: Don't pull in. There's somebody shooting a gun, there's 10 to 15 shots, so just remain at a safe location. Don't let nobody inside here so stay on the outside.
MAN 2: Hey sorry is there an active shooter in the yard?
MAN 1: Yes.
MAN 2: Cause I'm coming in the yard I'm armed.
Literally one minute later, there is this chilling audio. You will hear two gunshots.
Train 31 0-C-C... (gunshots) train 31.
S-85! S-85 Somebody's shooting right outside the door, upstairs.
Take a look at the stories and videos about the mass shooting at the VTA rail yard in San Jose.
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- How to help San Jose shooting victims and their families
- These are the 9 victims of the VTA attack
- What we know about suspected VTA railyard shooter Sam Cassidy
- EXCLUSIVE: San Jose shooting widow remembers 'soulmate' of 22 years
- Families share touching memories of VTA shooting victims during San Jose City Hall vigil
- Witness says gunman targeted those he worked directly with at VTA
- EXCLUSIVE: VTA mass shooting witness describes 'mass of bodies,' says gunman had specific targets
- Suspected VTA shooter's ex-girlfriend describes relationship as abusive, says he was 'mentally not stable'
- San Jose VTA attack is 18th mass shooting in California this year
- VTA light rail operator killed while helping coworkers hide
- VTA rail yard, Gilroy Garlic Festival among deadliest mass shootings in Bay Area history
- Officials share emotional reactions to SJ rail yard tragedy
- Local resources for survivors and victims of gun violence