NAPA COUNTY, Calif. (KGO) -- One Bay Area photojournalist was lucky enough to make it out of the Napa Valley floor in Calistoga on Sunday, as the Glass Fire jumped to burn both sides of the normally-scenic Silverado Trail.
RELATED: Get live updates on the Glass Fire
The video shows a perspective that has turned into a familiar sight in recent years - the white-knuckled drive through flame-infested roads and highways. This time, the fire had grown to burn on both sides of the Silverado Trail, which has countless legacy wineries dotting the roadway.
Firefighters are looking into the cause of the Glass Fire, as well as the two smaller fires that merged into it.
App users: For a better experience, click here to view the full map in a new window
RELATED STORIES & VIDEOS:
- Track wildfires across Bay Area with this interactive map
- What we know about the fires burning in the North Bay
- LIST: Wildfires prompt evacuation orders & warnings in Napa, Sonoma counties
- Track air quality levels impacted by smoke from wildfires
- Video shows smoke, flames in wine country as Glass Incident, other fires rage
- WATCH: Staggering footage shows lightning storm that started complex fires
- How to prepare for a wildfire evacuation
- Comparing the 10 biggest wildfires in California history
- Most destructive California wildfires in history
- Camp Fire is deadliest wildfire in California history
- How are wildfires started? A look at the causes of some of the worst in California history
- Safety tips to remember when returning home after wildfire
- How to prepare your pets in case of disaster
- The difference between containing and controlling a wildfire